Looking for Best Microwave Oven in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry since the past few years.
Over the last few decades, the advancements in technology has hugely influenced our day to day lifestyles and cooking isn’t an exception.
Inventions such as refrigerators, mixers and microwaves changed the way we cook and store food.
The best way of cooking food efficiently and quickly, depends on the microwave oven or commonly known as Microwave.
If you are searching for a hassle-free ready made cooking process, then a microwave would be the best electrical cooking appliance which would give you a relief from everyday struggle.
As various brands are selling this kitchen appliance under their brand value.
Consider a few factors which testify that product is the best. They are listed as follows:
- 1Functionality: The functionalities of a microwave play a vital role in differentiating one from the other. Generally, a microwave is used for reheating, cooking, and defrosting. But modern microwaves are designed with more features like multi-stage cooking, grilling, baking,
- 2Size: The size of the microwave is measured in litres. The size of the microwave is also a significant point to check. If you have a family of 3-5 members, a microwave, in the range of 24L-28L can suffice your needs.
- 3Power Rating: The Power Rating is a critical aspect to check before buying this luxury for your kitchen. As your energy consumption is directly proportional to costs, the right microwave must be chosen based on the amount of consumption. The microwave power input depends and varies with its size. Likewise, Mid-sized microwave requires 800-1200 W and a full-sized microwave requires 1000-1600 W.
- 4Safety: Microwave safety features are a very important aspect of choosing one for your needs. There are a few parameters; likewise, child safety lock, shockproof body, electric power chord made up of shockproof materials that provide necessary safety against electrical hazards.
Now that we have seen the important factors to consider while purchasing a microwave, let’s have a look at the specifications and features of few of the best ones currently available in the market:
We Highly recommend you to read the Microwave Oven Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest Microwave Oven technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Microwave Oven in India (Updated 2020)
Although my favorite among all is IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven, but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
(Slide the table left to check more details)
Cooking, Grilling, Re-heating, Baking, De-frosting
71 Auto cook menu, Stainless steel cavity, LCD, Different wattage control
Forefront Touchpad Membrane
Cooking, De-frosting, Re-heating
Alarm system, 5 different level power, and temperature control, 1200 W
Mechanical-Analog jog dial
Cooking, multi-stage cooking, Auto reheating, steam clean, express cooking, weight defrost, deodorizing.
101 auto cook menus, combi cooking, Power saver, 2200 W, LED, Child safety lock
Forefront touch membrane control
Multi-stage cooking, Weight defrosting, Steam Cleaning, auto reheating, express cooking.
LED Display, Stainless steel cavity, Clock Timer, Combitech menu, sensor malfunction protection, 10 power level controls, 26 auto cook menus
Cooking, Re-heating, baking, Manual defrost,
5 different power level control, Mirror finish glass door, timer, 1270 W
Forefront rotational knob
Cooking, Baking, Grilling, and Reheating,
1500 W, Rotisserie Set (rod, and tong), toaster grill, Wire rack, baking tray, normal tong, Manual timer and 60 minutes auto-timer, Overheating protection
Forefront Jog Dial
Cooking, reheating, baking, grilling, and defrosting
251 Auto Cook Menu including 175 Indian menus, Convection methodology, timer, 1950 W
Forefront tactile buttons and jog dial
Baking, cooking, reheating, defrosting, grilling
Convection microwave menu, starter kit, tactile button controls, 211 auto cook menu, LED timer,
Forefront tactile buttons and jog dial
Grilling, reheating, defrosting
5 different power level control, multistage cooking, timer, Child safety lock, electrical, auto cook menu.
Forefront tactile button & jog dial
Cooking, baking, grilling, reheating and preheating
15 Auto Cook menu, Child Safety lock, turn-table lock, Eco Mode, Keep Warm, ceramic cavities.
Forefront Tactile switches & Jog dial
1. IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23BC4, Black+Floral Design)
IFB have designed this convection microwave oven specially for Indian kitchens.
With 23L capacity, it is quite capable of cooking for a family having 3-5 members.
This microwave offers baking, grilling, re-heating, defrosting, and cooking functionalities.
The microwave is designed to maintain all the safety standards.
If you are planning to buy a new microwave for your kitchen, IFB microwave 23 L is just the perfect choice for you as it serves you with 71 auto cook menu options.
This product is designed to deal with different power inputs as it has more features than regular microwaves.
The control panel has a forefront touch keypad membrane, which very much resembles screen-touch technology like your smartphones.
All these readymade control sensors and food processing recipes make it the best microwave oven in India.
- 23 L capacity
- 71 auto-cook menus
- Combi tech cooking + power grill
- Stainless steel cavity
- Touchpad control and big display
- Different wattage control for multiple different functions
- No Cons Found
Related Post: Top 10 best convection microwave oven in India
2. Bajaj 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (1701 MT, White)
Bajaj brings a solo microwave oven perfect for bachelors or a family consisting of 2 members.
The 17L oven might look small and compact, but it can be used for cooking, reheating, defrosting as well as baking functionalities.
The functionalities aren’t limited to these tasks and the microwave can work at five different power levels to adjust the temperature as required for different types of food.
The appliance consumes 1200 W of power. The controller is an analogue jog dial system.
It is a mechanical knob that is designed to control the temperature to dynamically handle your food preparation.
The controller is quite user-friendly as it is designed with a cooking completion alarm system as well as a 30-minute alarm set on different food processing.
- Good capacity
- Cooking completion alarm system to alert the user
- Adjustable power levels for temperature control
- Compact size making it suitable for smaller kitchens.
- Defrosting feature lets you store frozen foods
- No display of power setting
IFB have designed a black best microwave convection oven with exceptional features that would suffice almost all your cooking needs.
The 30L large microwave is the best fit for a big family with 5-7 members. This is another microwave that runs on the convection method to cook your food.
The controller of this product is a unique touchpad membrane with sensitive touch control.
The inside plate turntable has a 315mm diameter, which allows you to insert big bowls.
The 101 auto-cook menu options for quick and simple usage have become the unique selling point of this product. The brand provides a starter-kit along with the product.
Apart from the regular features, it is also designed with a few extras and unique features such as weight defrosts, deodorizing, auto reheat, express cooking, multi-stage cooking, steam cleans, and many more which ease up your cooking process.
- Large capacity
- Child safety lock
- Multistage cooking, auto re-heating, weight defrosting, express cooking, deodorizing, steam clean
- Forefront & sensitive touch membrane control
- Delay start feature ensures meal is ready at the right time
- Power saver
- Advanced auto-cook menu and multistage cooking features might take a while to get acquainted with
IFB brings another huge convection microwave oven, which offers a better cooking experience in a concise time.
The 25L capacity is very much sufficient to serve a family of 5-7 members.
The machine is designed with 10 power and temperature control settings and also a clock with timer function.
This microwave has Combi Tech 2 (Power grill + Microwave), and Combi Tech 4 (Convection + Microwave) modes. This combination helps you create delicious meals.
A few uniquely designed features such as Weight defrost, multistage cooking, and steam-clean technology have been added.
All these are punched on to the product design along with the 26 Auto cook menus.
Additional features such as Express cooking and auto re-heat options ease the processing of stored goods.
It also provides convenient deodorizing, cooling, and keeps warm features.
Sensor Malfunction protection, overheating protection with alarm and child safety lock are the USPs of this product.
- Large capacity
- 10 power control levels
- Different power input options
- Grease-free steam cleaning
- A wide range of combi-tech menus
- Stainless Steel Cavity, LED Display, Deodorizing, Cooling feature
- Clock with timer option
- Sensor malfunction protection, overheating protection, child safety lock
- It might behave strangely at times if the door is opened without the timer completion.
Morphy Richards is an England based multinational brand that sells multiple models in the Indian market.
It’s 20 L solo microwave oven is one of the best-selling models.
The small size makes it convenient for small families or bachelors. The solo microwave oven is proven useful for reheating, defrosting, & cooking.
The input power is 1250 W, and the output is a maximum of 800 W.
5 different power level controls let you cook as per your need with a customizable operation menu.
The required power level is controlled through a jog dial forefront controller.
Overheat protection is precisely designed with sensory function to help you cook your food at the right temperature.
The inside cavities are powder-coated to create ambient temperature inside and hold the heat as needed for your food.
The company also provides a standard 2 years product warranty with each purchase.
- 20 L capacity for small families and bachelors
- Auto shut-off in the event of overheating
- Offers multiple functionalities such as cooking, baking, grilling, re-heating, defrosting, etc.
- Forefront rotational jog dial with timer
- Mirror-finish glass door
- 5 different customizable power level control.
- Limited brand awareness
- The regulatory knob may seem outdated as compared to modern sensory controls
- No LED or LCD indicators for assistance
Morphy Richards brings another medium-sized best oven in India for families having 4-5 people.
This stainless-steel oven has a capacity of 24L. The maximum input power consumption is 1500 W.
This is a toaster and griller along with the regular functionalities of a standard microwave oven.
The black-colored microwave comes with a starter pack that includes a toaster grill, rotisserie rod set, baking tray, wire rack, and rotisserie tong and a normal tong.
The rotisseries are motorized for making tikkas and come with forks for grilling kebabs.
It comes with a thermostatic temperature control, Overheating protection is also designed with this microwave, and a timer of 60 minutes has been added.
The microwave looks more like an OTG with every functionality of a microwave oven that also comes with a removable crumb tray.
The forefront controls are jog dial, which can also be set manually with the timer.
- 24 L
- Galvanized, rust-proof inner chamber
- Forefront control
- Starter pack
- Manual timer and 60 minutes auto-timer
- Overheating protection
- Limited brand awareness
- Jog dial still is an old technology
- No LCD or LED
LG is a well-known brand in India for making well usable home and kitchen appliances.
This 28L convection microwave will be best suitable for big families as it can be used for cooking, baking, grilling, reheating, and defrosting.
This is a hybrid microwave that includes tactile buttons and a forefront jog dial that are simple to operate and thus have a long life.
It offers 251 auto-cook menus that includes 175 Indian cooking germ-free. that include Indian roti making, pasteurizing milk, paneer and curd making, ghee boiling, and tikka making.
The diet fry feature ensures food preparation with minimum oil usage. It’s 360-degree rotating rotisserie is best for cooking crispy barbeques.
Components like multi-cook tawa, rotating ring, milk container, rotisserie bar and handle provided with the microwave starter kit.
Its elegant floral design makes it a modern looking hybrid microwave oven with loads of functionalities.
- Large capacity best suited for large families
- Long life
- Manual and auto timer
- Starter kit
- 251 auto cook menus
- No on-time cooking display
LG has always been a master of making premium quality appliances, especially in the kitchen and home segment.
And, its 32 L hybrid convection microwave is no exception and is a perfect fit for a family of 7-8 members as it offers cooking, reheating, grilling, defrosting, and baking functionalities.
The controller is the forefront tactile button and a jog dial. The brand provides a starter kit along with the box.
The 301 auto-cook menus include 211 Indian menus that include pasteurizing milk, ghee, dosa, paneer & roti making, etc. Its light disinfect feature is it’s USP.
It keeps the glass utensils and cavity clean, hygienic, and germ-free.
The oven is designed with keep-warm, and defrost features that can be used to warm-up and defrost ingredients whenever required.
Additional features like quick start, custom cook, steam clean and Intellowave technology make it one of the best microwave oven in India.
- Large capacity
- Baking, cooking, reheating, defrosting, grilling
- Safety features such as Child Lock
- Starter pack
- Wide range of unique functionalities
- 301 auto cook menus
- Convection cooking method
- Microwave-safe bowls
- The cooking menu selection is a bit complicated, tough deciphering without the cookbook manual
If you are a bachelor and looking for an oven that will satisfy all your cooking needs on a regular basis, then this microwave might suit your choice. It is even capable of serving 2-3 people.
This Bajaj product is also a hybrid product with electronic controls. The forefront control comprises tactile buttons and a jog dial.
You can quickly cook from a different auto cook menu options and set 30-60 minute timer to monitor your cooking process.
The five different power level setting is designed for hassle-free temperature control for manual cooking, defrosting, reheating alongside grilling.
The grilling feature is best fitted for every other Indian recipe dealing with kabab and tikkas.
The child safety lock is an advanced feature which is designed by Bajaj here; the safety feature comes with an electrical lock that prevents accidental operation.
- Forefront tactile buttons & jog dial
- Auto and manual timer
- Child safety lock
- 5 different power level control
- Multistage cooking
- Auto cook menu
- Combination and express cooking
- NO starter kit provided
Samsung brings one of the elegant looking convection microwave ovens for your kitchen that serves all your needs. This is another hybrid microwave on our list.
The forefront control is designed with compact looking tactile buttons with a jog dial and Samsung LCD.
This 28 L product has a sleek, premium design, and is equipped with Samsung’s Slim Fry technology that avoids using additional oil for cooking thus providing low-fat healthy food.
The machine is designed with the 15 auto programs, turn-table rotation on/off, child lock, sound on/off, and many other special features along with the cooking functionalities.
The cavities are made with ceramic for keeping the heat inside the box door.
The pre-heat, keep warm, eco mode, and 30-sec auto-timer are a few more distinctive features that put Samsung ahead of other brands.
This black colored product is entirely suitable for a family of 5-7 members.
- Large capacity
- Hybrid type
- Forefront tactile buttons and jog dial control
- Antibacterial ceramic cavities
- Manual and auto timer
- Easy to clean
- Child safety lock and turn-table lock, sound on/off
- Eco mode, keep warm, preheat
- Regular convection functionalities
- Overheating protection is missing
Buyers Guide - Microwave Oven (Buying Guide)
The microwave oven is a trending kitchen appliance all over the world for its multi-purpose features and functionalities. In the progressive Indian kitchen as well, it has become a daily necessity for creating healthy, tasty, and trending cuisines. It is commercially hit It isn’t a luxury but a necessity in today’s world.
Many brands out there are manufacturing microwave ovens for the Indian household market. Being an urban pro, we are here to guide you with our research. This buyer’s guide will help you can easily pick the Best Microwave Oven in India this list.
Microwave ovens are a boon to the Indian kitchen!
Yes, microwaves offer a hassle-free, convenient experience. Since it’s entry in the Indian market, it has been a total hit. We would advise buying one microwave to the people who are still using traditional methodologies to experience the convenience and advantages it offers.
More about microwave ovens.
You can easily distinguish the types of microwave oven for your needs by considering its usability and functionalities as follows:
The features that you need to check before buying a best ovens in India.
Buying a microwave is not always easy if you do not know the considerable facts and features. We have already covered the basic points that need to be considered when choosing a microwave. Let us look at some of the technical aspects that will guide you buy the best microwave oven to suit your requirements:
- 1Microwave Power: The microwave power input depends and varies with its size. Likewise, mid-sized microwaves require 800-1200 W and full-sized microwaves require 1000-1600 W. More the size, more it can cook your entire meal in a single shot.
- 2Turntable: Turntables are an essential feature usually provided with every model; but some microwaves are designed without turntables. Without turntables, you need to power-off and on for repositioning the food inside the oven.
- 3Variable Power Control: It is the most helpful feature of a microwave oven. More you have a variable power control, for distinguished functionalities, the more you have control over your cooking. For example, grilling needs a minimum of 800 W, and cooking requires a minimum of 1200 W power.
- 4Auto Cook Menu: Some of the best microwave in India are providing an auto cook menu for a hassle-free experience. It is like processing a readymade menu as per your requirements without the need to learn the entire recipe.
- 5Control Mechanism: Most of the modern and recent microwave manufacturers are providing the Touchpad membrane to control the input functions. Though, the Jog dial or controller knob or analogue controls are not as accurate as the touchpad membrane, they can be used for controlling the input functions.
- 6LED: LEDs help the user in feeding the right functions as per their requirements and also help understand the food condition inside.
What are the functions of Microwave ovens?
Irrespective of size and type, a typical microwave is capable of cooking food, re-heating & de-frosting. New features are designed to make a microwave more user-friendly and multipurpose utility appliance in the Indian kitchen. These new functionalities include baking, grilling, pre-heating, weight defrosting, pasteurizing, etc.
Is Power Rating an important factor to consider?
Yes, it is very important to check the power ratings of any electrical appliance. Nowadays, most microwave models are rated with stars. The number of stars indicates the energy efficiency of the microwave. You need to consider the power ratings for efficient cooking without high power consumption.
What is a starter kit?
Starter kit is a package that comes with your microwave oven box, which contains a cooking guide, user manual, warranty cards, etc. Few companies also provide additional utensils with the starter kit. Typically, all the appliances/utensils are microwave safe.
The number of utensils in the starter-pack depends on the manufacturer.
What is a microwave cavity?
In scientific terms, it is a resonator to the microwave electromagnetic frequencies. In simple words, it helps to cook your food without wasting power by reflecting the same microwaves already been used and also holds the temperature inside.
It is typically made out of dielectric material closed in the metal structure, completely hollow from inside like a pipe.
What are hybrid microwave ovens?
Microwave ovens are pretty much similar in design with OTGs. So, some of the microwave ovens have controls that are pretty much identical to the OTGs. They use the controller knob or Jogs dial to control the input functions.
The new or modern microwave ovens are designed with the Touchpad membrane. There are a few microwaves that use both the controllers and touchpad membrane. These microwave ovens, which are designed with a touchpad membrane and a Jog dial, are called hybrid microwaves.
What is Quick Minute?
It is a very handy control feature for reheating or preheating your food. It is to set the timer control in multiples of 1 minute or 30 sec for your current food processing session.
Are inverter microwaves available in the market?
We understand your concern. A few companies have introduced inverter microwaves in the Indian market, but the models are very few. The inverter modulates the power and keeps it to a consistent level that can be used to keep food warm for longer periods of time and to obtain more evenly cooked food.
Conventional Microwave vs. Convection microwave:
In the Indian kitchen, you would mostly find conventional microwaves. Though the convection microwave ovens are slowly gaining popularity. The fundamental concept is similar in both ovens, but the heating method, cooking times, cooking characteristics, and precautions against the heating are entirely different. They are explained as follows: