Are you paying more on gas bills every month, even when you are cooking moderately? Probably because your gas burners are not cleaned properly. Yes, you read that right! Uncleaned gas burners are one of the most common reasons for which our gas bills are rising every month and you are spending more time on cooking.
Also, it attracts common household pests like cockroaches, ants, flies, etc. which are absolutely unhygienic for your health.
Readymade artificial cleaners are available in the market to wash the greasy stovetop. Those artificial cleaning agents are made chemically, which are risky applying on your burners if you don’t know how to apply.
Natural cleaners are the safest option to clean your gas oven & burners without aging your utensils and without wasting a single penny from your pocket. Isn’t it exciting and reasonable?
How and why our Gas ovens get dirty?
Oil spills on stovetops are very frequent and familiar issues that we face every day during cooking. While using the ovens, it gets the burn to heat our food. The stove-nets attract a lot of specks of dirt & spices on spilled hot oil. It gets your ovens greasy and sticky. Without realizing,
we do not clean or deep clean our ovens every day. After prolonged use of the dirty oven tops, the output holes for gas gets blocked which eventually stops the flame to come out of the burner. That is the main reason for your cooking time to be rising as well as your gas bills increase every month.
How and why our Gas ovens get dirty?
Oil spills on stovetops are very frequent and familiar issues that we face every day during cooking. While using the ovens, it gets the burn to heat our food. The stove-nets attract a lot of specks of dirt & spices on spilled hot oil. It gets your ovens greasy and sticky.
Without realizing, we do not clean or deep clean our ovens every day. After prolonged use of the dirty oven tops, the output holes for gas gets blocked which eventually stops the flame to come out of the burner. That is the main reason for your cooking time to be rising as well as your gas bills increase every month.
Vinegar Cleaning Hack:
- 1Use simple spray bottles to store vinegar and vinegary water.
- 2Wait for your burners to get into normal temperature.
- 3Spray vinegar on used gas burners every day after it cools down.
- 4Sit for 10-15 minutes after spraying.
- 5Wipe with a clean cloth using a little bit of pressure.
- 6This cleaning hack is most effective if used before the dirt gets baked by the heat.
Baking Soda Cleaning Hack:
Baking soda is called natural cleaners for a kitchen. It can be used in various ways other than baking. It is absolutely safe on burners. Let us see how we can use it to wash the grease from burners.
- 1Use lukewarm water and detergents to clean the initial film of dirt on ovens and burners.
- 2Mix baking soda and water in a 2:1 ratio to create a paste of it.
- 3Use the paste and coat the stovetops.
- 4Sit for ½ an hour and let the sticky food residue to be softened up.
- 5Use a scrub brush and swab the coat on burners.
- 6Rinse the scrubbed coat with lukewarm water again.
Both the cleaning hacks, if applied one by one regularly, can be the best possible way to deep clean your stove and burners.
Softdrink can be your natural cleaner:
You had a party last night? There is a waste of food and also wasted cold drinks or colas! Save the excess drink and use it to clean your gas ovens. The soft drinks are a great source of sodium bicarbonates, which are, again, a great grease cleaner.
- 1Open the burners from the Gas Stove
- 2Use the wasted drinks or fresh cola on burners directly
- 3Use a little bit of baking soda like rubbing it along with the cola
- 4Use a brush to rub instead of your bare hands
- 5Sit for 10 to15 minutes.
- 6Rinse it with cold water or wipe with a soft cloth
- 7Attach the burners to the system after it gets dry.
Lemon as a natural cleaner:
Lemons are very handy as it is always available at your kitchen and a great source of citric acid. Acids are used as cleaning agents, as we mentioned before. Natural acids are the safest cleaning agents possibly available anytime.
- 1Cut the lemons and take the smallest bowl of baking soda.
- 2You can use the lemon juice and baking soda mixture to put a top coat on burners or
- 3You can use the lemon with a small amount of baking soda and rub it on the burners.
- 4Use stove pins to the output holes of gas, if the wholes are entirely blocked.
- 5Sit for 10-15 minutes
- 6Rinse it with lukewarm water
- 7Wipe up the burners
Deep cleans and the natural process can help you get your burners back to use. But, regular maintenance of the cooking system won't let you fall into place where you need to deep clean your burners.
You need to clean the dirt and spilled oil regularly with a soft cloth soaked in lukewarm water after you switched off the heaters. Wipe the stovetops with it and dry it up in a natural way or use a dry cloth after it and wipe the whole cooking system.
What are the benefits of Natural Cleaners?
- 1Natural Cleaners are the safest chemically active agents available naturally.
- 2Don’t need extra attention to buy it separately
- 3It is always available in our places.
- 4Not costly
- 5Natural cleaners are also natural pesticides. It helps to clear out roaches from burners and cooking system to maintain hygiene.
What are the effects of Deep cleaning of Gas burners?
Gas burners cleaning procedure helps to achieve a few things at your kitchen, likewise
Cleaning or deep cleaning might look easy by this read, but remember, safety is the most important issue while you do it. We recommend you to watch youtube videos to know more about gas burners and cooking system to know it part by part.
There is an electric starter as well in the case; you are using most modern stoves and burners. Getting it wet while cleaning the burners are the riskiest scenario. You need to remember even if you are using natural cleaners, and it is also a chemically active cleaner.
It immediately gets fire and burns until it gets entirely dissolved by the heat. After cleaning is done, checking every corner of the system is necessary so that you don’t unintentionally place any specs of natural cleaners left.
Have you ever heard about grease fire? It is one of the most common types of kitchen fire that results from an unclean burner. If you keep on cooking in your greasy burner for a prolonged time you may unknowingly invite serious accidents for you and your family members.
The report suggests, more than 150,000 kitchen fire takes place annually, among which approximately 60% caused by cooking materials.
In case of having a grease fire, don’t forget to turn off the heat source. For immediate safety, cover the flame with a metal lead. Also, Keep a handy fire extinguisher (Class B) near your kitchen, which will help you take prompt action in case of a grease fire.
Those who are using chimney in their kitchen have fewer chances to face grease fire than those who don’t. So anyhow, cleaning your burner is the only getaway!
Regular cleaning is ideal; if not possible, at least deep clean your burner twice a week using any of our tips. Honestly, it is simpler than it sounds since most of the cleaning agents can be found in our home.
The mantra is simple to be clean, be smart and be careful.
Few words before wrapping up
It goes without saying, cleaner cooking areas stimulate you more towards cooking. If you see an unclean burner, you may not feel like cooking anymore, even if you want. Don’t let your dirty burner stop you from making your favorite dish for your family members.
Make cooking fun and interesting with a clean and refreshing burner always. Just grab one or more ingredients mentioned in our article and get a clean burner for your kitchen instantly.
We always suggest you practice natural ways to get every cleaning done so that you get habituated with the natural methods instead of using artificial agents. Also, it is the safest way to clean your kitchen and other places without wasting money.
Healthy burner, healthy habit, healthy you!